The EAEEIE Annual conference is held every year by the European Association for Education in Electrical and Information Engineering (EAEEIE). In recent years the conference proceedings have been published through IEEE Xplore® (see the links in the History section) and indexed in major databases; this year we will apply for this as well. The conference will be technically co-sponsored by the Czechoslovakia Section of IEEE.
EAEEIE is a European non-profit organization, with members from nearly seventy European Universities, most of them providing education in the area of Electrical and Information Engineering (EIE). The mission of the EAEEIE is to enhance education in EIE through understanding European education practices, industry participation, continuing education, credit transfer in international exchanges, scientific and educational research, and to determine criteria to establish standards on EIE education.
The objective of the conference is to bring together lecturers, researchers and professionals in the field of EIE all over Europe and outside, with the aim to exchange ideas and information and contribute to the development of EIE education.
We would like to encourage especially younger colleagues to participate in the conference, as it will be a good opportunity for them to learn about European projects, both in research and teaching. Renowned experts from various fields have the opportunity to disseminate their own projects.
This year we will use the special opportunity and collocate the event with the 21st conference and 20th competition eLearning that will take place on 3rd and 4th September. We are convinced that the synergy will be beneficial for both events.
An optional post-conference trip will be organized on 5th September (Saturday).
The Conference topics include, but are not limited to:
- Educational methods and innovations in engineering education
- Experimental learning and learning experiences in engineering
- Lifelong learning in electrical and information engineering
- Research and innovation as a part of education
- E-learning, mobile learning and computer-based learning
- Distance, open and flexible education
- Virtual and remote labs
- Educational games and simulations
- Development of innovative materials in engineering education
- Gender and diversity issues
- Employability skills development, inclusivity
- The student perspective of electrical and information engineering
- Curriculum design
- Assessment and evaluation
- Learning analytics
- International partnerships and European curricula
- Cooperation with the industry
- Dissemination of European projects
- MOOC (Massive open online course)
- New trends in education (virtual and augmented reality, mulsemedia)
- AI (artificial intelligence) in education
- Social media in education
- Growth mindset
- Maker Learning
- Personalized Learning
Czech Technical University in Prague
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Department of Telecommunication Engineering
Technická 2, Praha-Dejvice, CZ-16627, Czech Republic
phone/TAD: +420 224 352 083